While golf doesn’t have such huge investments like soccer, it still features some athletes with insane earnings! That really shows that golf is now at its historical peak, and it will probably go even further. To show how successful such sport as golf is, we are going to present you with top 5 richest golfers as of 2017. Let’s get started with our ranking of the most successful golfers in the world!
- Tiger Woods. There really isn’t another choice for the number one spot, is there? While he is not the golfer with the most won major championships, Tiger Woods is the most successful golfer out there! He has earned more than any other golfer in the history of the sport and had some of the most expensive deals among golfers with such companies as Nike, Rolex, Tag Heuer, EA Sports, and AT&T! Woods have won an outstanding number of 79 US PGA Tour titles (where the average cheque for winning is around $1 million). With a net worth of over $740 million, Woods easily occupies the number one spot in our ranking.
- Arnold Palmer. Although Palmer has been one of the best if not the best golfer of his time, he has hugely contributed to golf from outside the golf course. He was the first sport superstar on television in the 1950s. His entrepreneurship changed the perception of golf forever and made it accessible for middle and working classes. No wonder that he is the number two pick on our list with a net worth slightly behind Woods’ earnings – $700 million.
- Phil Mickelson. Mickelson, besides being a highly successful golfer, is the third richest golfer in the world! The 5-time major winner and 42-time US PGA Tour winner has been sponsored by some of the largest companies in the world, including Rolex, Barclays, Callaway, and KMPG. With net worth of over $375 million, Mickelson confidently occupies the number 3 position on our ranking.
- Jack Nicklaus. Although Jack Nicklaus has been the most successful golfer on a course with 18 major titles, he isn’t as successful as Woods, who has won slightly less. But who can say that over $320 million isn’t a great success? With a huge golf course design portfolio and over 300 professional golf tournaments held on his courses, he is the forth richest golfer in the world!
- Greg Norman. Having won only two majors and having been a runner-up 8 times, Norman hasn’t been particularly successful with major championships. But he has won 91 international tournaments (including the majors)! Nicknamed the Great White Shark, Norman is the CEO and the Chairman of the company of the same name, Great White Shark Enterprises, which has a portfolio of companies in fields such as apparel, interior design, real estate, golf course design (obviously), and more. His farsighted entrepreneurship has earned him great financial success, and with a net worth of over $300 million, he is the number five richest golfer in the world!